Exhibition - December 31, 2011 - February 7, 2012 • Midland Arts and Antiques Market, Indianapolis

Friday, August 26, 2011

Ron - Previous Post Update

I have finished the photograph that I spoke of in my previous post.  I found this abandoned building to be quite beautiful and metaphorical, especially with respect to the issues I wrote about in my last post.

click on the photograph to enlarge
The small handmade metal sign on the right side over the painting, I would imagine, is from the building's last enterprise.  The boarded up window and what looks like a jail window, with broken glass, evokes feelings of capture.  If the residents need to contact the outside world, the mailbox awaits their stamped letter.  The trees and sky on the upper third of the photograph and the parking lot on the lower shows the contrast between man and nature, you know like Joni said, "They paved paradise, and put up a parking lot."