Exhibition - December 31, 2011 - February 7, 2012 • Midland Arts and Antiques Market, Indianapolis

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Ron - Polaroid Work

I continue to explore the use of Fuji instant film and an old Polaroid camera. At this point I am thinking that this method may be very important in my future photography. Here are some recent photographs (click on the photographs to enlarge):
Kewanna, IN
Kewanna, Indiana
Hamilton County, Indiana
I am especially happy with the Kewanna Water Tower and Hamilton County photographs.  In the HamCo photograph I was able to convey the surreal scale of the scene by using a combination of foreground, the main subject and the distant background.  The quality of the negative adds to the mystery.  I just happened to come upon this scene while driving to dinner and, needless to say, we were late for dinner.