Exhibition - December 31, 2011 - February 7, 2012 • Midland Arts and Antiques Market, Indianapolis

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ron - Polaroid Work and Truth From Perceptions

Self Portrait
I am exploring making images using Polaroid cameras (a Polaroid 420 and a Spectra 2) with Fuji and Impossible Project instant materials.

In the past, Polaroid Type 55 Pos/Neg 4"x5" was my workhorse film.  That film has been discontinued for quite some time.

I am excited about the possibilities that I am seeing.  With regard to the instant photograph, do I simply have this photograph as the single original or do I scan it and enlarge it through digital printing?  These are a couple of questions that I haven't answered yet.  Making books of these images is another possibility.

So, here are some recent "Polaroid" photographs and a video by Satch.

9-29-2011

9-29-2011





I have completed the first phase of Truth From Perceptions. There are about 135 photographs from which to cull the exhibit. I have made over 500 negatives during the last nine months. Now the editing begins. In some cases I will be presenting differing perspectives and "contact prints" that will show the process by which I came to the final image.



This project has caused my thinking about my photography to be more focused and I foresee big changes coming. Final decisions and discussion about these changes will come after the exhibit.